Lekela Sustainability Report
Page Content (Left Column)
Delivering clean, reliable energy across Africa
In recognition of our impact across society and the environment, we have published our annual sustainability report which documents our activities in 2017.
- The report demonstrates our long-term commitment to the communities we operate in and how environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance is integrated into the heart of our strategy to deliver clean, reliable power.
- 2017 highlights include our investment of $1.12m in education, enterprise and the environment and our avoidance of around 340,511 tonnes of CO2 emissions.
- The 2017 Sustainability Report determines ways to turn our strategic commitments into measurable performance. Our ESG targets have emerged from both stakeholder engagement, and through a recognition of the principles of good business.
- In particular, we have committed to support the UN Global Compact, which serves to improve human rights, labour practices, environmental protections and anticorruption practices through good corporate governance.
- The full report can be downloaded here – 2017 Lekela Sustainability Report.
Page Content (Right Column)