Delivering clean, reliable energy across Africa
In recognition of our impact across society and the environment, we have published our annual sustainability report which documents our activities in 2017.
- The report demonstrates our long-term commitment to the communities we operate in and how environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance is integrated into the heart of our strategy to deliver clean, reliable power.
- 2017 highlights include our investment of $1.12m in education, enterprise and the environment and our avoidance of around 340,511 tonnes of CO2 emissions.
- The 2017 Sustainability Report determines ways to turn our strategic commitments into measurable performance. Our ESG targets have emerged from both stakeholder engagement, and through a recognition of the principles of good business.
- In particular, we have committed to support the UN Global Compact, which serves to improve human rights, labour practices, environmental protections and anticorruption practices through good corporate governance.
- The full report can be downloaded here – 2017 Lekela Sustainability Report.