Working together to deliver renewable energy across Africa.
- We conduct all our business in an honest and ethical manner.
- We take a zero-tolerance approach to bribery and corruption and are committed to acting professionally, fairly and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships wherever we operate.
- We are committed to ensuring all our projects are delivered to the highest standards and in a manner, that creates long-term shared value within our communities.
- We respect the environment and the health and safety of all our stakeholders. This includes our employees, contractors and the communities in which our businesses operate.
- The Company respects the dignity of its employees.
Environmental, Social and Governance
Lekela is committed to upholding the very highest environmental, social and business integrity standards and ensuring we leave a lasting, positive legacy in communities where we invest.
To achieve this, we have set a clear environmental, social and governance (ESG) strategy for the group and have developed an ESG framework including relevant policies and procedures to guide all our investments.
- We continuously engage openly and transparently with the communities where we invest, addressing issues that impact on our ‘social licence’ to operate.
- We are committed to community investment to create shared value in our projects.
- We hold our contractors and subcontractors to the highest Environmental, Social and Governance standards.
- We uphold the highest business integrity standards within our group and require the same from our contractors and business partners.
- Lekela is a signatory to the UN Compact.
We look to create thriving and empowered communities, through the provision of reliable power and our community investment efforts.
Our community investment strategy identifies key focus areas where we can create shared value for local communities with focus on:
- Education and Skills
- Employment and Enterprise
- Environment and Energy