Data Collection Notice
For job applicants
This notice describes how Lekela Advisors Limited collects and uses personal information about you during the application and recruitment process, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK data protection laws. This notice may be amended or updated at any time.
The personal information we hold about you
We may collect store and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- information relevant to our recruitment decision, including CVs, application forms, interview notes, results of pre-employment checks, references, criminal record checks;
- information relating to your right to work: including passport information, visa details, immigration permissions, travel information;
- information relating to reasonable adjustments which may be required to accommodate a disability.
We collect this personal information either directly from you or from third parties including employment agencies, former employers, other referees, qualifications bodies, or background check agencies or publicly available sources e.g. LinkedIn.
How we use your personal information
We process this information for the following purposes:
- recruiting employees who have the appropriate skills, qualification and experience for each role;
- ensuring employees have the right to work in the UK;
- complying with our duty to make reasonable adjustments.
We process your personal information because it is necessary for our legitimate interests of operating our business efficiently, maintaining standards of service to our clients, or because it is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations.
In addition, where we process any information which falls within "special categories" (which may include health information, trade union information, criminal record details and information about race, ethnic origin, religion or sexual orientation), this is because it is necessary for complying with our employment law obligations, or for exercising our employment law rights. In certain circumstances we may process special categories of personal information where it is needed in relation to legal claims, or in order to protect your interests where you are not capable of giving consent.
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, in some circumstances we may not be able to continue with the recruitment process.
We do not envisage that any decisions will be taken about you using automated means, however we will notify you in writing if this position changes.
Who we share your information with
We share your personal information with third party service providers who assist with our recruitment process. These providers may include background checking agencies, umbrella bodies carrying out criminal records checks, immigration advisers
Transferring information outside the EU
Where needed in order to enable us to achieve the objective of our processing the data as described above we may transfer your personal information to third parties outside the European Economic Area. Where we do so we will only transfer your personal information to third parties outside the EEA if that third party (a) is situated in a country that has been confirmed by the European Commission to provide adequate protection to personal information, or (b) has agreed (by way of written contract) to provide all protections to your personal information as required by data protection legislation.
How long we keep personal information
For successful candidates, we retain personal information from the recruitment process for the periods outlined in our staff data collection notice which we give to new staff on joining.
For unsuccessful candidates we would usually retain recruitment information for a maximum of a year, but we may hold the information for longer if we agree with the candidate that their details will be kept on file for future vacancies, or where we have a business reason for doing so (for example, where we may need information in case of legal proceedings).
Your rights and responsibilities
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during the recruitment process.
You have the right to request us to:
- give you details of your personal information and a copy of it (commonly known as a "data subject access request");
- correct your personal information if it is inaccurate;
- delete your personal information in certain circumstances, for example where we no longer need the information;
- stop, or limit, our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, for example where you believe that we do not have a legal basis to do so;
- send you, or another organisation, certain types of personal information about you in a format that can be read by computer.
You may also withdraw your consent to our processing your personal information, where our processing is based on your consent.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
If you have any questions about how we process your personal information please contact the Vice President - Human Resources on email@example.com or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope that we will be able to address any questions or concerns you may have. However, you also have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.