Main Purpose of Role
Manages the 158MW Tabai N’Daiye Wind Farm (the “Project”) in a safe, environmentally sound and economically prudent manner. Has overall responsibility for all areas of asset management in relation to the Project.
Works with COO and Lekela’s other management personnel to set strategic direction and to integrate and enforce the company’s standards and development programs.
Has responsibility to maximize investment returns on the Project through prudent planning, implementation, financial and operational management.
Leads and provide direction to the Project’s local team.
Is responsible for maintaining good relations with the local community, the Government, Senelec and other stakeholders in Senegal.
Key Main Responsibilities (please note this list is not exhaustive)
- Providing leadership and strategic direction to the Project and its team.
- In conjunction with Lekela’s HR Director, is responsible for hiring, supervising and developing a highly effective team.
- Guiding and mentoring employees to enable them to succeed in their own roles.
- Ensuring that the project achieves world class performance and complies with the highest standards of governance and business conduct.
- Ensuring that the Company’s assets are being built and operated in a safe, environmentally friendly, and economically prudent manner in compliance with all corporate and local standards as well as all applicable laws and contractual obligations.
- Ensuring that the Project meets its obligations under its Environmental and Social Action Plan and Stakeholder Engagement Plan.
- Is responsible for overseeing the financial and legal affairs of the company.
- Leading negotiations with stakeholders and outside parties on behalf of the Project. Responsible for the management and implementation of all associated contracts.
- Ensuring that the Project meets its obligations under its financing documents, power purchase agreement and any other key project agreements.
- Delivering the Project’s key operational, financial and commercial goals.
- Making sure that all commercial, operational, financial, environmental and social risks relating to the Project are appropriately managed.
- Monitoring and reporting on the Project’s performance (including HS, ESG, HR, financial, technical, insurance claims, outages, etc.).
- Overall P&L responsibility for the Project during its operational phase (including day to day budget performance). Develops for approval annual business plans and budgets.
- Developing, monitoring, approving and implementing the policies and procedures appropriate for the effective running of the Project.
- Managing the Project’s operational insurance programs.
- Working with the Project’s financial and technical auditors to ensure compliance with and the improvement of the Project’s procedural and policy framework.
- Coordinating and supporting the activities of the Projects’ Board of Directors.
- Developing and maintaining a positive company image and ensuring good relations between the company and Senelec, Government, regulators, local communities, project lenders, shareholders, service providers, vendors and other interested stakeholders.
- Contributes to the origination and execution of business development activities in and outside of Senegal. Helping to develop and identify business opportunities for Lekela.
- Keeps abreast of and advises on local market conditions, the electricity sector and the regulatory environment.
- Fluent in English and French (spoken and written)
- Creativity & innovation
- Achievement focused
- Decision making
- Diversity & ethical behaviour
- Planning & organizing
- Financial planning & management.
- People management - delegation, conflict management, recruitment, performance management, negotiation, coaching, counselling, development.
- Technical expertise - Asset management procedures and processes.
- Working knowledge of safety, environmental and social regulations. Prioritises safety as their key focus.
- Quality management.
Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications
- Well-developed skills in leadership, communication, organization, planning, and multitasking are a must.
- Position requires good knowledge of managing large infrastructure projects with asset management of power generation assets being desirable.
- Good working knowledge of project finance and the principles of financial management.
- Extensive negotiations experience with government bodies, shareholders, customers and other entities is highly desired.
- Ability to work effectively to tight deadlines and within guidelines and policies.
- A degree in engineering or business is a plus but relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.